Vacancy for Parish Book-keeper: St. Mary’s Lucan Parish is currently recruiting to fill a newly created role of Parish Book-keeper. This post is offered initially on a one year, fixed term, part-time basis, Monday to Wednesday, for 12 hours per week (9.00am – 1.00pm). The job description is available on www.lucanparish.com or at http://www.dublindiocese.ie/job-vacancies/
The Role: To provide a high level of financial and administrative support to the Parish Priests, the Parish Secretary and the Property and Finance Council, three mornings a week.
- Using the Pastoral Management/AccountsIQ (AIQ) system to manage all the parish income and expenditure
- Reconciling all bank accounts every month (including the bank reconciliation on AIQ)
- Assisting in the processing and submission of the annual reclaim of tax on family offerings
- Preparing and processing staff payroll in line with statutory requirements
- Reviewing current financial management practices with a view to recommending options, to the Property and Finance Council, in terms of efficiency and effectiveness
The ideal candidate should have a track record of reliability and a flexible approach to working in a team environment with strong interpersonal skills and experience dealing with the public. Knowledge of the Catholic Church and its administrative processes would also be desirable.
Candidates must have at least 5 years book keeping experience and General Office administration in a financial environment. They must also have experience / qualification in the use of up-to-date accounts packages and excellent IT skills particularly MS Excel.
Applications to: V. Rev. Philip Curran, St. Mary’s Parish, Lucan, Co. Dublin, enclosing a Curriculum Vitae (with the contact details for at least two people who are familiar with your work experience) and a cover letter no later than 5pm on Friday 15 March 2019.