Caring for the goods of the Parish
The “St. Mary’s Parish Property and Finance Council, Lucan” (or the Property and Finance Council as it is commonly known) was set up in 2008. It is a consultative group. Its role is to assist the co-Parish Priests with their responsibilities in the areas of parish property and related financial matters. While serving on the Council, members act in the best interests of the parish as a whole. Its Terms of Reference include assisting the co-Parish Priests by
- co-ordinating the work of the parish’s property-related and financial committees/teams
- monitoring the parish’s overall financial situation
- advising on the strategic policy and approach to fundraising and the organization and procedures of the Parish Office
- preparing annual accounts, budgets, projections etc
- reviewing operational costs, including insurance, utilities, and supplies, to ensure efficiency and value for money
- costing and appraising all proposals in relation to the use, maintenance and development of parish property
The Council is chaired by Michael Barrett, the other members are Fr. Philip, Fr. Tom, Anne Connaughton, Leo Hargaden (Secretary), and Mary Jackson. Our parish Secretary Deirdre Dowling also attends each meeting.
The Council believes that our beautifully restored Church building and very busy Parish Centre are a wonderful tribute to the many men and women of Lucan who worked for so many years to raise the funds to deliver the facilities we all enjoy today.
Please be assured that your continued support for the on-going running, maintenance and improvements of facilities is deeply appreciated and that we, too, will play our part in ensuring that St. Mary’s remains a welcoming and vibrant parish for all.